Terms and Conditions of Use
Last revised: April 7, 2016
Attention: Website Administrator/Hasbro Gaming Lab
1027 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02861
Site Hosting Information:
504 Lavaca Street, Suite 1000
Austin, Texas 78701
1-877-973-6446 /+1-512-827-3500 (International Inquiries)
Consent to Information Collection and Transfer
Restrictions On Use of Site Content
Submissions & Use of Materials
Any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like regarding the Site or the Site Content shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Hasbro shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information unless stated otherwise at the point of submission.
You are solely responsible for the content of any comments you make. You agree that you will not submit any comments or engage in any conduct or activity while using the Site that would constitute Prohibited Conduct (as defined below).
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Hasbro’s designated agent. To provide such notification for the Site, please contact us at Hasbrogaminglab@hasbro.com.
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give notice to our users by means of a general notice on any of our websites (including the Site), electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or written communication sent by first-class mail to a user’s physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Take Down Procedure for French Visitors to the Site
Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Hasbro’s designated agent. To provide such notification for the Site, please contact us at Hasbrogaminglab@hasbro.com.
in accordance with article 6.I.5 of the Act for Trust in the Digital Economy (loi pour la confiance dans l’économie numérique) dated 21 June 2004 (“LCEN”), if you own a copyright in a work (or represent such a copyright owner) and believe that your (or such owner’s) copyright in that work has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via the Site or would like to notify any illicit content, then you may send us a your written notice that includes all of the following (a “LCEN Notice”):
- date of your notification;
- your identification information (if you are an individual: your name, occupation, address, nationality, date and place of birth; if you act for a legal entity: its form, corporate name, registered office address and its representative body);
- corporate name and registered office’s address of our relevant entity to which your notification is sent;
- description of the alleged illicit content and its exact location our Sites by providing the exact URL;
- reasons why the content should be removed, including references to both legal and factual justifications;
- a copy of the correspondence sent to the author or publisher of the litigious information or activities requiring their interruption, withdrawal or modification (or the reason why the author or publisher could not be contacted).
When using the Site, you may not engage in the following “Prohibited Conduct”:
- Reproduce, retransmit, publish, display, distribute, disseminate, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, rent, lease, broadcast, timeshare, loan, disclose or otherwise make available the Site, the Site Content, or any part thereof, to any third party;
- Modify, translate, adapt, alter, reverse engineer or create derivative works based upon the Site, the Site Content, or any part thereof;
- Post or communicate any material that violates the privacy or publicity rights of another individual, or post, communicate or collect information about other individuals, including personal information and images, without their consent;
- Post or communicate any material that would violate any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, intellectual property right, or any other right of any entity or individual. Before posting or quoting any content that is owned or protected by a third party under intellectual property laws, a user must obtain all necessary consents or permissions from the owner of the protected content;
- Post or communicate any material that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts;
- Post material or use the Site to victimize, harass, degrade, or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law;
- Post or transmit materials that contain viruses, malicious code, corrupted files or that may damage the operation of the Site or engage in any activity that circumvents any security features or otherwise interferes with or disrupts any features of the Site, which includes, but is not limited to the use of web robots, crawlers, wanderers and spiders;
- Advertise, solicit or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business or commercial purpose or disparage the product or services of any third party;
- Impersonate any person, business or entity, including Hasbro and its employees and agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, business or entity, including Hasbro;
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk mail, spam, phishing or unsolicited mass communication distribution;
- Remove any proprietary notices, labels, trademarks or service marks on the Site or any part thereof; and/or
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations or promote or encourage illegal activity or for anything else Hasbro deems to be offensive or inappropriate in its sole discretion.
Limited Site Operation and Future Changes
User Accounts and Security
To obtain access to certain services on the Site, including to upload a submission in the Challenge, you may be given an opportunity to register with the Site. As part of any such registration process, you may be required to select a user name and a password. You agree that the information you supply during that registration process will be true, accurate and complete. You also agree not to (i) select, register, or attempt to register, or use a user name of another person with the intention of impersonating that person; (ii) use a user name of anyone else without authorization; (iii) use a user name in violation of the intellectual property rights of any person; or (iv) use a user name that Hasbro considers to be offensive. Hasbro reserves the right to reject or terminate any user name or password that, in its judgment, it deems offensive or inappropriate. You will be responsible for preserving the confidentiality of your password and will notify Hasbro of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your account. Further, you agree that you are responsible for all statements made and acts or omissions that occur on your account while your password is being used. If you believe someone has used your password or account without your authorization, you must notify Hasbro immediately. Hasbro reserves the right to access and disclose any information including, without limitation, user names of accounts and other information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests. Please inform Hasbro if there is a change in the information you provided at the time of your initial registration, including any change of address or name, by contacting us at Hasbrogaminglab@hasbro.com.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSABLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. HASBRO DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE MATERIALS, THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU (AND NOT US) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR AND CORRECTION.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL HASBRO, INC., AND ITS AFFILIATED AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, AND LICENSEES, BE LIABLE TO YOU, OR ANYONE CLAIMING THROUGH YOU, FOR (1) INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES, OR (2) ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE CONTENT ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF GOODWILL ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF US OR THE SITE OR THE CONTENT ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE, EVEN IF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IS FORESEEABLE. YOU AGREE THAT THE LIABILITY OF HASBRO, INC., AND EACH OF ITS AFFILIATED AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, AND LICENSEES IS LIMITED SOLELY TO YOUR DIRECT DAMAGES AND IN NO EVENT SHALL IT EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, FIFTY UNITED STATES DOLLARS (U.S. $50.00).
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HASBRO, INC., AND EACH OF ITS AFFILIATED AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, AND LICENSEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “INDEMNIFIED PARTIES”) HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES AND COSTS, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INCURRED BY ANY OF THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH BY YOU OF THIS USER AGREEMENT OR CLAIMS ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE. YOU SHALL USE YOUR BEST EFFORTS TO COOPERATE WITH US IN THE DEFENSE OF ANY CLAIM. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ASSUME, AT OUR SOLE EXPENSE, THE EXCLUSIVE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY MATTER OTHERWISE SUBJECT TO INDEMNIFICATION BY YOU.
Links to Other Web Sites
Creating or maintaining any link from another website to any page on this Site without Hasbro’s prior written permission is prohibited. Running or displaying this Site or any material displayed on this Site in frames or through similar means on another website without Hasbro’s prior written permission is prohibited. Any permitted links to this Site must comply will all applicable laws, rule and regulations.
No Spamming, Spimming, or Scraping
From time to time, users post their e-mail addresses in our chat rooms, forums, blogs and other public posting areas. You may not gather these e-mail addresses for commercial or illegal purposes, such as sending unsolicited or unrequested e-mail or instant messages. Further, you may not use technology or otherwise take any steps that circumvent or modify, or attempt to circumvent or modify, or encourage or assist any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Site; involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network; or involves any use of data mining, robots, spiders or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
Without the prior written permission of Hasbro, you may not frame, or make it appear that a third-party site is presenting or endorsing the Site or any of the Site Content, or incorporate any intellectual property of the Site, Hasbro or any of its licensors into another website or other service.
Governing Law; Class Action Waiver